- English Party Games Ideas -
Gaze n' Relic:
- Assemble a tray with 15 to 20 small items or 'relics'. For example: a spoon, a pen, a marble, a crayon, and so forth.
- Cover the tray and items with cloth.
- Uncover the tray for 20 seconds. During that time all players will 'gaze' at the tray and try to remember as many items as they can.
- Then recover the tray after the 20 seconds.
- Each player has 30 seconds to write down all the items that she can remember.
- Once the 30 seconds is up call off each item on the tray.
- Each player will cross out an item if any one else has written that item down on her list as well. For example - if two players have written 'spoon' down then 'spoon' is a disqualified item.
- The player with the most items on her list that haven't been crossed out is the winner!
[Return To List]
Find The Farthing:
Pass The Parcel:
Slap The Queen:
- Each player draws 5 lines on her sheet of notebook paper. These five lines should create 6 columns on the paper.
- Write each of these categories at the top of every column on the page: color, flower, fruit, TV shows, movies, and Total.
- One of the players starts the game by reciting the alphabet.
- The player next to the left calls 'Halt!'.
- Whatever the letter of the alphabet being recited when the player calls stop, will be the first letter of a word each player will write into every category on her paper. For instance, if "F" is the letter stopped on, then the entries on a page might be: color=Fusia, flower=Forget-Me-Not, Fruit=Fig, TV show=Funniest Home Videos, movie=Fiddler on The Roof.
- The first player to finish her list, calls 'Halt!' again, and all pencils are put down, whether or not they are finished writing.
- Points are awarded to answers this way:
If no one else wrote your answer you get 100 points for that answer. If only one other person wrote your answer you get 75 points for that answer. If only two other people wrote your answer then you get 50 points for that answer. If 3 other people wrote your answer then you get 25 points for that answer. If 4 or more people wrote your answer then you only get 10 points for that answer.
- If you could not think of an answer for a column, or if you didn't have time to finish a column, then you don't get any points for that column.
- Points are totalled for each round.
- Players take turns reciting the alphabet and calling halt.
- The player with the most total points at the end of 5 rounds wins!
[Return To List]